News and Announcements
Ongoing Virtual Meeting
The quantum education interest group has an ongoing WebEx workshop (telecon) on the 4th or last Wednesday of every month from 10 AM to noon Eastern time. Send an email to Terence Martinez email@example.com to get an invitation and to be included in the mailing list.
- February 2021 Workshop (canceled)
- Quantum Systems Engineering for Scientists, by John Martinis (affiliated event)
- Protected: Breakout D: Open Source, Cloud-based Quantum Computers, Hackathons
- Protected: Breakout C: How to engage science fairs and contact schools
- Protected: Breakout B: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Information by Keyword
Worldwide events, generally not from IEEE
Data courtesy of Harrisburg University – Quantumapalooza
At What Levels is Quantum Education Available?
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), typically for high school
- Undergraduate, or bachelor’s level
- Graduate, master and doctor’s (Ph. D.) degrees
- Workforce training for adults that already have a job.
What are the Majors Where Quantum Education Applies?
- Physics, specifically Quantum Physics and Quantum Information
- Hardware engineering, such as device physics, cryogenics, system design
- Software, including both software for quantum computers and support software for regular computers
- Mathematics, including algorithms and complexity theory
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Data Science
In support of the topics above, vendors and other entities provide learning tools, such as:
- Books, games
- Quantum simulators, for teaching how to program quantum computers
- Real quantum computers available on the Internet
- Software tools, such as compliers, frameworks
Join Our IEEE Collabratec Group
Join us on IEEE Collabratec to stay informed of current activities and receive notification of our latest newsletter.