News and Announcements
Ongoing Virtual Meeting
The quantum education interest group has an ongoing WebEx workshop (telecon) on the 4th or last Wednesday of every month from 10 AM to noon Eastern time. Send an email to Terence Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org to get an invitation and to be included in the mailing list.
- Q Ed Workshop at IEEE Quantum Week
- September 2021 Workshop
- Quantum Education events at Quantum Week 2021
- Preparing Teachers for a Quantum Tomorrow: K-12 Education Standards
- Protected: Recordings from April 10 discussion
- September 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- November 2019
- May 2019
Information by Keyword
Worldwide events, generally not from IEEE
Data courtesy of Harrisburg University – Quantumapalooza
At What Levels is Quantum Education Available?
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), typically for high school
- Undergraduate, or bachelor’s level
- Graduate, master and doctor’s (Ph. D.) degrees
- Workforce training for adults that already have a job.
What are the Majors Where Quantum Education Applies?
- Physics, specifically Quantum Physics and Quantum Information
- Hardware engineering, such as device physics, cryogenics, system design
- Software, including both software for quantum computers and support software for regular computers
- Mathematics, including algorithms and complexity theory
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Data Science
In support of the topics above, vendors and other entities provide learning tools, such as:
- Books, games
- Quantum simulators, for teaching how to program quantum computers
- Real quantum computers available on the Internet
- Software tools, such as compliers, frameworks
Join Our IEEE Collabratec Group
Join us on IEEE Collabratec to stay informed of current activities and receive notification of our latest newsletter.